One of the foremost challenges businesses face is linking up their communications technology with their collaboration software
, but Polycom and Microsoft are coming together to make the challenge much easier to handle. Specifically, Polycom’s innovative Centro technology is now fully integrated with Microsoft Office 365 and Skype for Business, both of which offer a comprehensive set of collaboration features for companies of any size. Polycom Centro is a clever reimagining of video conferencing technology, placing people at the center of the meeting, literally. Now, Polycom Centro users can greatly simplify their conferencing experience and ensure every meeting is much more productive with Office 365’s help.
What does Polycom Centro offer to businesses looking to improve their communications?
The Centro is a new form of video conferencing that can work in meeting rooms, classrooms, and any space where teams need to actively collaborate
. The Centro consists of an intelligent 360 degree camera that covers every part of the room. This is outputted to a bank of displays arranged in a 360 degree pattern, so no matter where someone sits, they can interact with other conference members.
Like Polycom’s other conferencing products, the Centro is capable of outputting 1080p video at 60 frames per second, and is built with robust audio output and inputs. And with NoiseBlock technology, all distracting ambient noise is suppressed so that speakers can be clearly heard.
And this impressive technology has just been improved with tight Office 365 integration, simplifying the collaboration process further.
Why should business managers care about Office 365 integration?
Polycom has partnered with Microsoft for more than 10 years, so it is optimized for use with Office 365. Consider what integration with Polycom Centro can do for the company:
Any business that already makes use of Office 365 and Skype for Business collaboration solutions can streamline their unified communications further with the Polycom Centro
- Office 365 offers a full suite of products, from office applications intended for content production, to business management software under the outlook brand, to various collaboration and networking applications like SharePoint. Office 365 is also paired with Skype for Business, which provides stable communications infrastructure for conferencing and messaging services.
- Many of these applications can be used with Centro, so conference members can bring up Office 365 applications and share content, review data, network, and do much more by moving their communications to the cloud.
- With tight integration comes a single workflow and no gateways, so users can access their Office 365 applications with minimal effort.
- Polycom also offers multi-vendor interoperability, so businesses can access their Microsoft collaboration software through a variety of vendors and video clients.
- Polycom conferencing solutions mimic Microsoft Outlook’s scheduling workflow design, so meeting members can join conferences with a single click.
. Together, Polycom and Microsoft have created the ultimate combination of collaboration hardware and software solutions, giving companies all the tools they need to enhance their teams’ potential.