With coronavirus still widely circulating as many cities and states begin to open back up, business leaders and educators are looking at cost-effective and efficient ways to keep their employees, patrons and students as safe and comfortable as possible. A popular COVID solution for many businesses is the use of Nemesis’ UV-C technology and Eagle X Sterionizer, more commonly known as a type of UV lighting.
UV Lighting Technology: What It Does
Nemesis’ Hydra Drop Ceiling UV-C lighting technology assists with neutralizing bacteria, viruses, and microorganisms by damaging their cellular structure. Doing so generally renders the bacteria and viruses inactive and can keep them from replicating.
Specifically, UV-C radiation has already shown to be effective against airborne pathogenic microorganisms associated with influenza, hepatitis, typhoid, cholera, and many others. According to the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, UV lighting is also thought to be effective against SARS-Co-V-2.
How UV Lighting Works to Limit the Spread of Bacteria, Viruses, and Microorganisms
When it comes to UV lighting, there are three primary wavelengths including:
- UV-A. This type of lighting is considered long wavelength and is abundant outdoors. Think of this type of UV lighting as associated with activities such as tanning.
- UV-B. This type of UV lighting is medium wavelength and can be damaging with extended exposure. It can frequently be linked with aging, skin cancer, and cataracts.
- UV-C. Of these three types of UV lighting, this is perhaps the most effective as it is able to deactivate the DNA and RNA of viruses, bacteria, and microorganisms. It is considered to be shortwave and geared mainly toward disinfection.
Nemesis’ Hydra Drop Ceiling UV-C lighting works via LED lights that emit illumination while also sanitizing surfaces. Fixtures emit a specific dosage of ultraviolet light to help disinfect anything in or around the light’s path. This in turn can render bacteria and viruses as ineffective.
Where UV Lighting Technology Can Be Used
Essentially Nemesis’™ UV-C technology and Eagle X™ Sterionizer™ with ionization technology can be used in a number of large facilities and venues as well as in schools. This UV lighting is already being adapted to sanitize places such as:
- Business offices
- Cruise ship terminals
- Entertainment venues
- Freight and trucking centers
- Hotels and motels
- Medical centers and facilities
- Retail centers
- Shopping cart holding areas
Benefits of Using UV Lighting to Limit the Spread of Coronavirus
The primary benefit of businesses and schools using Nemesis UV-C lighting to limit the spread of coronavirus can be the degree of safety and well-being employees, students and visitors may feel. Nemesis’ system offers added benefits as well, and the technology is:
- Chemical free
- Cost-effective (can even be integrated into an existing lighting system)
- Easy to maintain
- Environmentally friendly
- Fast acting
- Made in the U.S.
- Offers key safety features
- Requires low operation costs and little maintenance
- User friendly
Nemesis’™ UV lighting technology can be engaged or stopped via a convenient web application or key fob. Disinfection schedules can also be put in place. This solution also comes with special safety options such as visual and audible alerts indicating usage and comes with a motion sensor for automatic shutoff.
Finding the Right UV Lighting Provider
While companies across the nation are offering different technologies to help with disinfecting and keeping bacteria and viruses at bay, there are some important things to keep in mind when selecting the right UV lighting provider for your business.
It can be best to go with a company that offers not only the Nemesis Hydra Drop Ceiling UV-C lighting system, but also a number of other technologies that when used in sync can be even more effective.
Some specific technologies that can also help while navigating the pandemic include solutions such as:
- Creston Occupancy Sensors. These sensors help detect motion in a space so that lights and audio and conferencing technologies can be configured to accommodate present individuals with little to no direct contact.
If your business or school is operating with a limited workforce and has some remote employees and students, the company you work with should also be able to provide audio and visual technologies to facilitate that experience as well.
Businesses and schools that incorporate the Nemesis Hydra Drop Ceiling UV lighting can take pride in the fact that they are taking the initiative to better protect those in the building.