[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Unified Communications as a Service, more commonly referred to as UCaaS, is a preferred solution for many modern-day schools and businesses. Essentially it combines the functionality of an office phone system with apps that allow chatting and video conferencing via different mediums all in one easy to use solution. This is an ideal way to make communicating with others a more user-friendly experience, and having access to a buyer’s guide to UCaaS can make the transition smoother from start to finish.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Why Use UCaaS?Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) is designed to enhance a student, teacher, employee, or business executive’s work from just about anywhere by integrating multiple communication techniques such as video conferencing and instant messaging into one comprehensive solution. Some of the capabilities UCaaS can offer its users include:
- Messaging: Instant messaging for individual or group chatting
- Video Features: Videos among varied numbers of meeting participants
- Voice Features: Calls, recordings, etc.
- Cost-effectiveness. Going to this type of solution may actually save businesses money compared to using a la carte communication solutions such as conferencing services or team messaging software.
- Customizable. Each organization’s UCaaS setup can look and function differently. The key is to work with a reputable AV integrator to design a customizable system that works for an organization’s specific needs.
- Versatility. It can be an excellent tool particularly for those individuals working outside the office or from home.
- Privacy. Teachers needing to contact students or parents can utilize an app on their cell phone (such as Zoom) without sharing their personal number or being on a landline at school.
Zoom Phone As A UCaaS ToolBrought to you also by Zoom is the Zoom Phone, a cloud based UCaaS communications solution. It is designed to keep communication moving quickly and efficiently via one comprehensive tool. Some of the features offered by the Zoom Phone include:
- Basics. Although Zoom Phone offers a variety of benefits and perks, it also still covers the essential phone basics such as caller ID, call history and recording, and voicemail.
- Flexibility. This tool allows someone on a Zoom phone call to seamlessly transfer over to an impromptu Zoom video call that does not require prior scheduling. It also lets users switch from a Zoom phone call to a desktop Zoom meeting.
- Merging of services such as messaging, video and voice capabilities into one place. This keeps individuals from having to check multiple apps to access calls, messages, and videos.
- Security. By utilizing transport layer security (TLS) and advanced encryptions standard (AES), Zoom phone offers enterprise-grade security. This can give users peace of mind regarding the sensitive nature of information discussed.
RingCentral Office As A UcaaS ToolRingCentral Office is also a cloud based UCaaS communications solution that can be used for groups of various sizes or even just one individual. It is designed to integrate messaging, video, and phone capabilities all into one. Some of the features RingCentral offers include:
- The ability to share work with others securely
- Assisting with basic phone capabilities such as calls, texts, voicemail, and switching between a phone call and video
- Enabling remote video meetings for virtual students or employees, complete with messaging with your team
- Offers dedicated threads for certain topics and projects among team members
- Providing secure encryption to enhance privacy and protection of information