Technology is increasingly becoming the foundation for the way the world operates and does business every day, both at work and school. As organizations grow more technologically minded, it is necessary to inventory their current systems and evaluate the role a more modern system would play. If wondering where to start when you need AV consultants in Texas, most businesses and schools need look no further than a company that utilizes consultants and integrators to help organizations customize the technology solutions that work best for their unique needs.
Why Do I Need an AV Consultant in Texas?
The goal of incorporating new audio-visual technology is to make communication easier and more seamless, but this requires careful systematic planning in the beginning.
A business or school investing in new audio-visual equipment or upgrades can greatly benefit from the help of a dedicated and reputable AV integrator. Some of the ways they can help include:
- Inventorying the client’s current system
- Identifying the client’s specific needs
- Matching those needs with available AV technologies
- Choosing the right equipment
Some individuals use the terms AV consultants and integrators interchangeably. On the whole, both provide similar services, although a consultant who also acts as an integrator is typically better suited to address more technically demanding aspects of the job.
What Can an AV Consultant Do for My Organization?
As mentioned above, an organization wanting to incorporate modern audio-visual technology should have an AV consultant come on board to inventory current equipment, identify the client’s needs, and match them with the appropriate equipment.
From that point, AV consultants who also act as AV integrators can facilitate the installation and set up of equipment. Although many modern technology solutions are ready to go once they are properly set up, installations are still often intricate and complex. Some of the services they can provide for an organization can include:
Placement and installation of equipment
With a thorough plan already executed, an integrator can acquire the equipment needed and take care of installing it. This process generally includes running cable and making sure equipment is mounted to code. It requires the expertise of a seasoned professional.
Configuration of equipment
Some AV solutions can require a number of different pieces of hardware such as cameras, displays, microphones, speakers, conferencing equipment, processors, and control systems that are configured to work together as a cohesive unit. Most schools and businesses also require the use of software that will be compatible with the chosen hardware. Because hardware and software generally go hand in hand, an AV integrator can assist in selecting both if need be.
Education on new technology
It is normal for new technology to come with a bit of a learning curve. With sophisticated technology in place, it is only as good as the person trained to correctly utilize it. An AV integrator is instrumental in introducing people to the technology and training them to use it. On average, organizations who see to it that their employees are properly trained from the beginning tend to enjoy a more successful use of AV equipment into the future.
Most AV equipment is made to interact with other equipment and be interactive among users, and for that reason it often requires regular maintenance to ensure the proper controls are back in place and performing at their best. Scheduling regular maintenance can be key in avoiding downtime for the system. A proper plan can include everything from regular maintenance to maintenance that requires a more rapid response.
Benefits of Using an AV Consultant to Install and Implement AV Solutions
Beyond bringing a school or business’ technology into the modern age, utilizing an AV consultant to install and implement audio-visual solutions can also offer these additional benefits:
- Improved internal communication. In schools and businesses, there are many different working parts of those organizations, and the glue that holds them all together is effective communication. Using fast and reliable internal communication via audio-visual equipment can connect people effortlessly between offices, campuses, or even thousands of miles. For those organizations that communicate long distance with other entities, the use of AV communication may even help save on travel expenses.
- Engaged learners. Individuals that are learning in the boardroom and the classroom can all too easily tune out a lecturer or guest speaker. However, by implementing interactive AV technology solutions, presenters can make lesson delivery more fun and have attendees interact directly with the material by taking polls and facilitating Q&A sessions.
- Better exposure. People of every age are growing increasingly connected to the world around them through technology. Whether it is in the lobby of a business or the main entrance of a school, individuals who can see and interact with well-placed digital displays have a front row seat for that organization’s branding, messaging, and social media presence.
A Word About Choosing an AV Company with Multiple Locations
When it comes to choosing the right AV consultant or integrator for you, it is highly recommended to choose a respected audio-visual company that has multiple locations spread across different cities. This is an added convenience especially for school districts or companies with multiple locations.
If your Texas school district, campus, or business is looking to upgrade to more modern and effective communication via audio-visual technology, be sure to work with a reputable AV consultant.