Conference room scheduling software makes it easier to organize meetings, and this can save your team a lot of wasted time. How much time? According to a survey of 1,500 managers, put together by Doodle, the typical administrative staff member spends nearly five hours a week scheduling and coordinating meetings. Time is money, and all that wasted time means U.S. businesses are losing nearly $400 billion every year according to Doodle’s 2019 State of Meetings Report.
Companies can get this time back with conference room scheduling software, along with many other benefits that come with more efficient and transparent meeting organization.
How can conference room scheduling software help an organization?
Room scheduling software modernizes how professionals put their meetings together, so it’s well-suited to companies that have mobile teams and remote professionals. Here’s what your organization can expect from its room scheduling software:
1. Rapid meeting organization – With room scheduling software, managers can pick a room, a time and all of the meeting participants all at once. With one click or tap, the meeting details are confirmed and everyone on the list is instantly notified. There’s no need to call and e-mail everyone individually, and there’s no excuse if someone misses the meeting. Room scheduling software automates the process, so no one slips through the cracks.
2. Transparent planning – Room scheduling software comes with calendars that anyone (with the appropriate credentials) can view. Meeting details include where the meeting is being held, the meeting’s agenda, how long it will last and who is involved. Because anyone can see the calendar, there’s no confusion as to who is meeting where, so managers can plan their meetings well in advance, without having to juggle conference room resources with other administrative staff.
It’s also helpful for team members that have a lot going on, or who have trouble keeping their own calendar straight. They only need to check the room scheduling software’s calendar for a quick reminder.
3. Quick updates – Conference room scheduling software will notify meeting members of any changes to meeting time or location, so if there’s a last-minute change, everyone will be on the same page. Meeting members are also sent periodic reminders as their meeting approaches, so again, there’s no excuse for anyone to mistakenly miss a meeting when room scheduling software is involved.
4. No scheduling errors – Even if a manager is on top of it, errors are going to happen when scheduling meetings and rooms. Double-booking or communicating the wrong meeting details are productivity-destroying problems, and they are inevitable when using an outdated room scheduling approach.
Conference room scheduling software prevents these errors from occurring, as it will alert users when their meeting is double-booked in an occupied room. The software will also ask users to confirm the time and room, so it’s less likely that a manager will pick a bad time or a full conference room. Confirmation e-mails are sent out, too, so if there is a problem with scheduling, it can be corrected right away.
5. Conference room monitoring – Organizations with multiple conference rooms may not have a good grasp of how those rooms are used, or even if they are used at all. Most room scheduling software will track room usage, recording when rooms are used and who is using them. Companies can use this information to make smarter decisions regarding room allocation. If conference rooms are underutilized, they may be converted into something more useful, and if there’s a need for additional meeting spaces, that will be obvious as well.
6. Synergy with other AV technologies – Room scheduling software works well with other AV solutions. For example, some companies install small interactive displays outside of every meeting and conference room. These displays can be tied to room scheduling software, so they show any upcoming meetings and relevant meeting details. The software may also be accessible from these displays, so users can check the calendar and see if they are in the right spot.
This is particularly helpful for organizations that regularly expect visitors and remote team members. These people may have trouble navigating the building to the right conference room. Room scheduling software makes it easy for people to get to where they need to go, without needing to call or e-mail around. Check the calendar, check the floorplan and they’re on their way.
Room scheduling software is a compelling addition to any organization, and the more meeting rooms you have, the more valuable the software will be. There’s plenty of software options as well, so there’s a fit for every company, no matter what features matter most. This includes scheduling software that is designed to work with certain hardware manufacturers, so integrated, enterprise-level solutions are available. An AV integrator can help their clients sort out the available conference room scheduling solutions, and determine which ones offer the best mix of features and usability.