Education Solutions Via AV Engage, Encourage and Embolden Students
The AV industry is developing education solutions at a rapid pace, increasing and improving the tools available to educators. These AV tools, both hardware and software solutions, are proven to boost student engagement, leading to better testing and student outcomes.
Integrating AV-focused education solutions has never made more sense. Job growth is strong among STEM careers, the unemployment rate is lower for STEM grads and median salaries are much higher for STEM careers, compared to the rest of the workforce. Guiding interested students into STEM can secure their futures, and AV solutions can help every student develop an interest in learning - even if it’s not STEM-related.
There are many AV education solutions for schools to choose from, and many more on the horizon. In today’s modern school, some of the AV technologies you’re likely to find include:
Interactive AV Solutions Immerse Students and Drive Participation
Interactivity is at the heart of many AV education solutions, and this interactivity encourages students to engage with the lesson. Engaging interactivity can be delivered through a few solutions, such as:
- Interactive flat panels - Interactive flat panels look like standard digital displays, but they’re engineered to respond to touch and include an onboard computer to aid in lesson delivery. With a flat panel like the Clevertouch or ActivPanel, both teacher and student can use the display to deliver presentations, run whiteboarding sessions for note-taking or brainstorming purposes, generate group activities (like quizzes or games) and pull media from the web to support lesson content.
- Activity spaces - Activity spaces, like the ActiveFloor or Lü Interactive, consist of a high-resolution projector, motion-tracking camera, a computer to run activities and supporting light and sound hardware. Activity spaces get students up and moving, so they’re perfect for gym class or indoor recess. The projector casts an image, which could be a game or exercise-based activity. The camera picks up motion and allows for interactivity. Both solutions come with an impressive variety of modes and activities, so there’s plenty of lesson planning resources available.
- Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) systems - AR and VR are on the leading edge of what AV can do, and in the classroom, they can do things no other lesson delivery vehicle can. AR solutions use a special pair of glasses and an AR-enabled display to bring images on the screen into physical space. Once there, students can rotate, zoom in and explore AR models. There are endless applications for AR technology, including engineering and medical training lessons. VR is the opposite of AR. Where AR brings virtual objects into physical space, VR transports the student to a virtual world. There, students can explore and interact with virtual spaces, and solutions like ClassVR combine this immersive lesson delivery with teacher controls that ensure every lesson goes as planned. ?
Video Conferencing Opens Up a World of Learning and Collaboration to Students
For educational purposes, video conferencing solutions are so versatile in that they offer value in multiple ways. With a video conferencing solution, your teachers will be able to do the following:
- Introduce college-level courses to students - College preparedness is a priority for schools, and video conferencing makes it possible to introduce advanced coursework to students. Partnering with local community colleges, for example, can provide opportunities to leverage AV technology.
- Provide remote tutoring - Similar to the above, students who need a little more help outside of class can work with remote tutors through video conferencing solutions.
- Connect students to big thinkers and high achievers - Bring in an accomplished athlete, a noteworthy author, or a brilliant engineer to inspire students and engage them through the help of video conferencing.
- Facilitate collaborative work among students - Video conferencing solutions can also be used among student teams. Dedicate a space to video conferencing systems, and students can work collaboratively with remote students or work as teams while connecting with teachers or experts through the technology.
Digital Signage Delivers Positive Messaging, Announcements and Wayfinding
Digital signage uses a combination of displays, media players and signage software to deliver any kind of messaging, wherever it is needed. In K-12 schools, digital signage can be used to stream morning announcements, list event or class schedules, help students and visitors find their way around, and maintain positive school spirit.
Digital signage displays are more durable than their consumer counterparts, capable of operating indefinitely without failing. They are also designed for easy operation, as an entire digital signage network can be maintained and controlled from a single backend platform.
Support STEM Learning and Prepare Students for the Workforce with AV Solutions
STEM programs are a major focus for K-12 schools and AV is a natural tool for making STEM learning more effective. A few STEM-focused AV solutions include:
- Robotics - Robotics are a popular choice for schools with STEM labs or makerspaces. Solutions like Sphero, Cubelets and Photon are simple enough for students to get comfortable with, and they can be easily maintained with storage and charging stations.
- 3D printers - 3D printers enable students to bring their creations to life and can be integrated into mobile carts for ease of use. Mobile printer carts can also be used to store filament and other printing materials.
- VR and AR solutions - Both VR and AR can be used to enhance the impact of technical education. Engineering, welding, medicine and digital arts can all be taught more effectively.
- eSports solutions - eSports curriculum can teach students the value of strategy, teamwork, communication, and discipline. AV technologies, like interactive displays, video conferencing and gaming computers and furniture are essential for supporting your school’s eSports programs.
A Certified AV Integrator Can Implement Education Solutions For Your School
In education, AV solutions can help students perform better and learn in ways they find more engaging. There’s a world of solutions to choose from, too, so working with a certified AV integrator
is recommended. An experienced integrator can help schools connect their needs to proven solutions, implement those solutions, and maintain
them over the years for optimal performance. This ensures educators and students alike get the most from the school’s AV investment.