Training is an Important, but Often Overlooked Part of the AV Integration Process
Among reputable AV integrators, training is an essential part of integration. While AV solutions often sell themselves in terms of impact, your project’s success eventually comes down to the end-user.
User adoption is a key metric for AV solutions, as poor adoption rates suggest issues with understanding or properly utilizing the technology. These are the problems AV training is designed to solve, which is why we offer an array of training options as part of our integration process.
Why is Training Essential for Effective AV Integration?
System design and installation
are only the beginning. Once an AV solution is usable, the question becomes: Will it be used? There are numerous industry cases where the right solution was matched to the right organization, but it still failed because users weren’t supported from the outset.
Training is what provides that support. When provided by a certified AV team, this is what’s typically included:
- On-hands training with a certified technician – Data Projections offers onsite and remote training options, and while many companies are quickly moving to a remote-first model, there’s still value in having a technician in the room during training.
The biggest benefit is hands-on training. Hands-on training is beneficial because it allows users to make mistakes and figure out solutions quickly. It’s also beneficial because it builds a level of comfort with the technology before it’s completely integrated into the user’s workflow. It’s a proven way of learning without pressure.
- Customized training programs for certain user groups - AV solutions are utilized at multiple levels. There are the end-users, who engage the technology as part of their daily work routine. There are the administrators, who use the technology to track project and user performance. There are also IT personnel, who are responsible for overseeing the solution’s usage and condition from the backend.
It’s impossible (and counter-productive) to cover everything in a single training session for everyone. That’s why certified AV integrators develop separate training programs depending on who they are training. For the end-users, it’s often only the essential features. For administrators, it’s typically more advanced features that allow for project tracking and reporting. For IT personnel, backend management and troubleshooting are essential. With this approach, all of your teams will be ready to slot into their role once the solution is live.
- Quick reference guides for simple, repetitive tasks - Before your teams are completely comfortable with the solution, they’ll need a bit of process reinforcement. Integrators prefer to do this with quick reference guides and documentation. That way, training can focus on the big ideas and users can reference the things they need as they come up.
How Do Certified Integrators like Data Projections Handle Training?
Training methods are normally decided on well before the technology is installed. This can be determined during consultation or while surveying the client’s needs and facilities. Depending on your needs, we offer several training options, including:
- Training at our facilities – We maintain a training center at our facilities, which is particularly convenient for our clients who don’t have training resources of their own. Even if you do have training rooms, our training center can still be an effective option. Our training rooms are set up to quickly introduce AV technologies to your teams, so training is quick and engaging for users.
Our technology center can also help before or during the integration process begins. We can help your teams test drive several solution options and start training them up before your solution goes live. That way, they’ll be ready to go on day one.
- Onsite training at your facilities - For larger organizations, rounding everyone up for offsite training can be a big challenge. That’s why our technicians are also available for training at your facilities. We’ll bring the technology or utilize existing AV solutions if they have already been integrated.
While training your teams, our technicians can tailor each session with the technologies and tools that team will utilize.
- Remote training - AV solutions have made remote work and training much more productive and accessible in recent years. That’s true of AV training, too, which is why we also offer remote training sessions. Remote sessions can be conveniently scheduled and organized, with no loss of training effectiveness. Remote training is particularly effective for software-based solutions where hands-on time isn’t necessary.
Certified AV Integrators Will Also Offer Additional Training Through a Maintenance Agreement
While training is a standard part of our integration package, your teams may require the occasional refresh. Whether it’s to bring a group of new hires up to speed or to introduce additional features to your experienced users, we can provide extra training sessions as part of a maintenance agreement.
Training isn’t the only significant value-add with a maintenance agreement. There’s also responsive technical support, preventative maintenance sessions, warranty and shipping handling, and a good bit more. You’ll have your training when you need it, too, because a maintenance agreement establishes a long-term, mutually beneficial partnership with your integrator.
Training Underscores the Value of Having a Certified AV Integrator On Hand
The most effective AV solutions are those that are well-supported from the start. Part of that support is supporting the people who will utilize your AV resources.
That’s where training comes in. Training, for both your end-users and administrators, is the key to encouraging long-term technology adoption and key to optimizing your organization’s AV investment. That’s why we have designed our training to be as accessible and convenient to your teams as possible.