There are many considerations when looking to upgrade a video conferencing camera. All aspects of the collaboration room must be taken into account so the camera can effectively do its job. The brightness of the room, the clarity of picture and sound, and the quality of face-to-face interactions are details that must be considered when it comes to the effectiveness and productivity of the video conference. Having state-of-the-art, dedicated video conference camera equipment is a must for many businesses. The upgraded camera should have the ability to pan around, provide close-ups and have full-room image capability for group sessions. This technology allows everyone to speak and see each other, erasing time and distance issues. Making the perfect selection to fulfill a business’s growing needs can be a tough choice, which is why it is important to work with an A/V integrator. These professionals can assess the needs of the business and come up with viable solutions. Here are some of the options to consider before making a final decision:
- Tracking capacity - Modern conferencing cameras have automated technology that can follow a speaker around the room. They can give the presenter greater freedom and creativity to roam while they are speaking. They also have sound detection that enables the camera to move and then zoom in on the person speaking. If a large group of people are conversing with each other, video conference cameras with tracking capacity can then zoom out so the entire room can be seen. Studies have shown that when we can see and hear someone at the same time, we can better grasp what has been said. Having the ability to exchange ideas and ask questions can improve production.
- Quality and customization - A High-tech camera that can produce crystal clear images on large screens can save companies money while enhancing their bottom line. For quality purposes, the camera should render the clearest picture possible. Everyone’s image should look very natural and no one should be squinting to see anyone else in the picture. The customization includes the camera having full-range motion, so anyone talking and needing to move around the room can be seen while doing so.
- Sophistication - A video conferencing camera may be the single most important feature involved in current conferencing equipment. Global companies can enjoy their collaboration room communication with offices and customers around the world, which will make them look cutting-edge to their clients.
Different Cameras Meet a Diverse Range of NeedsWhatever the client’s needs, the A/V integrator will have ideal options available. Here are four types of video conferencing cameras that can make those meetings run much more smoothly and efficiently:
- Huddle Room Cameras - The camera in a huddle room should be capable of a 120-degree field of view, allowing persons sitting at a small table or around a desk to be seen and heard clearly. These cameras can also move another 25 to 40 degrees, allowing it to pan further right or left, enhancing the total view range given by the camera. The 4K resolution quality is becoming the new standard in video quality. It is quickly replacing the 1080p that was once the standard-bearer in screen resolution.
- USB port cameras - These cameras connect to your computer using any USB port available. This gives businesses and their clients the ability to confer with each other through their computer’s internet connection. They are typically portable and flexible, allowing them to be moved rather easily. The USB port can be considered the perfect camera to capture the entire office staff at an event or that important meeting.
- Document Cameras - These cameras can enhance any meeting or presentation because of their ability to display a visual of any notes, illustrations or graphs placed under the device. This allows everyone to see any of those items that need to be reviewed by a group. The latest in audio-visual technology allows these cameras to function like high-resolution webcams. They were especially designed for meeting rooms and training areas and have many different options in their aiming capabilities. The document camera has basically replaced the old overhead projector.
- Wide Angle Cameras - These cameras ensure that everyone in a large meeting or setting will be seen, heard, and included on any video conference. The most important factors involved in selecting wide angle cameras are making sure of their field of view, and also making sure they have the best video quality available. But with the wide angle, there is always more in the picture, and those involved in the video conference don’t have to constantly squeeze into the frame to be seen. There is also less moving the camera from one place to another because the viewing area is larger.
Technology Keeps Marching ForwardHaving the most innovative technology equals meetings that continue to be productive. Some of the latest improvements in the technology include:
- Supportive streaming and recording all-in-one
- Super-wide field of view
- Razor-sharp optics
- High definition video on every outlet
- HD voice and voice recognition
- Full screen and gallery view
- Two-way stream for two-way screens